- Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO Database through eAYSO – this is an annual requirement
- Complete on-line AYSO Safe Haven Certification Training – this is a one-time requirement
Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO database through eAYSO.
Registration of volunteers in the National AYSO database is an annual requirement and must be completed prior to starting the season or you cannot coach or referee.
- Go to www.eayso.org to register as a volunteer for this season (see picture below). If you have registered in prior years, your information will already be in the database. Be sure to verify that all of it is correct and current, especially your email address!
- Register only yourself in eAYSO. Please do not register your children as players in eAYSO!
- If you registered in a prior season, you need only notify the CVPA at firstname.lastname@example.org that you have completed registration.
- If you are a new volunteer, once you have entered the required information online,print and bring (1) copy of your completed eAYSO volunteer form to any of the following –
- Your Division Coordinator.
- Your next coach or referee training Session (if prior to the start of the season).
- The Coaches Pre-season Meeting (see the season’s calendar).
- The Referee Refresher Training (see the season’s calendar).
- Your Child and Volunteer Protection Advocate.
- A Regional Board Member.
Note: Coaches and referees registering for the FIRST time must also have their ID checked (with a driver’s license or passport) when they submit their form.
If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please email our Child and Protection Advocate at email@example.com.
Complete the online AYSO Safe Haven Certification (30 – 45 minutes).
Completion of AYSO Safe Haven Certification is a one-time requirement for all coaches and referees. Once you have taken the training, it is good for life. There is one opportunity for taking this training in person (see the Referee Training schedule), but the easiest way to complete this requirement it to do it online.
- You must have your eAYSO ID in order to sign into the online class. You can get it by logging into www.eayso.org and clicking on “Update volunteer information” or “Print form” on the home page.
- Go to aysotraining.org, the AYSO’s online certification and training site.
- Choose the Safe Haven course (same for coaches and referees).
- Print a copy of the certificate of completion after you have finished the course and bring it to your next training session.
My eAYSO page to register as volunteer
Here is a screen-host of the My eAYSO page after you login to this national AYSO database. Returning coaches and referees should use the link “Apply as continuing adult volunteer”.