How To Become a New AYSO 43 Referee
All new referees must go through the following four steps in order to referee matches in our region. (If you are a returning AYSO referee from our region or other region, or if you are a USSF trained referee please see our returning referees page)
Step 1: Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO database through eAYSO.
- Please visit the Volunteer Registration page to register as a volunteer for this season (required for all volunteers, including Referees and Coaches).
- Print 2 copies of your completed eAYSO volunteer form, sign them and bring them along with a driver’s license or passport to your next training session.
Step 2: Register for the referee training class(es) you plan to attend.
- U7-U8: You need to have the U8 Official training to referee these games.
- U10-U12: You need to have the U8 Official training AND the U8-to-Basic Referee Upgrade training.
- Review the referee training calendar to select your course(s), then signup on eAYSO.org following these instructions.
- Note: you may take a training class in another AYSO region as long as you obtain the correct certification for your age group.
Step 3: Complete the online Safe Haven (including Concussion Awareness) class (20-30 minutes).
- See the Safe Haven instructions for registration information. (Not required for Youth referees under 18 yrs old.)
Step 4: Attend your classes.
- The instructor will send you an email reminder a few days before the class you registered to (using the email address you entered in your eAYSO profile)
- Attend the class you signed up for. A record of your attendance will be entered into the AYSO National database (eAYSO) and you will be issued a referee badge upon completing the class. You will also be issued a uniform if you do not already have one.
Thank you for volunteering! If you have any question on this process please email your Referee Administrator at email@example.com.