In accordance with AYSO national rules, all players who are new to AYSO Region 43 must provide proof of their age. Registration for a new player is considered incomplete until we receive this information. New players will not be permitted to participate in team practices or matches until all registration requirements are met.
To complete the proof of age requirement, a copy of the player’s birth certificate or passport must be provided to the Registrar. You should do this after you have completed online registration of your player.
Scanned documents may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, you may mail a photo copy of the document to:
AYSO Region 43
P.O. Box 1303
Los Altos, CA 94023-1303
If you wish, you can email a scanned copy of the document to email@example.com. However, we cannot guarantee the privacy of Internet email, so this option is discouraged.
- We do not keep the proof of age documents on file. Once we have verified the player’s age against the date you entered during online registration, the documents are destroyed.
- You may fax/mail a photo copy that has some information crossed out with a black marker pen. All we need to see is the player’s full name and date of birth printed on an official document.
- It is not sufficient to show the proof of age to the player’s Coach. Proof of age must be sent to the Registrar.
- It is not sufficient for you to tell us that your child has played previously in another AYSO Region. We do not have means to verify that proof of age was provided to that Region.
- You will only need to provide this proof in the first season your child plays in Region 43.
- Failure to provide proof of age does not prevent your player from being placed on a team roster. It only disqualifies them from participating until the proof is provided.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.